This term in Cat Class...
I am excited to announce all the exciting things that lie ahead within this half term in Spring 2!
As we have concluded our historical topic learning on the Romans last half term, we will now kick start our learning by changing to a geography focused topic of climate change and biomes through the topic ‘ Time for Change.’ Our stunning start is centred around having a member of Greenpeace talk to us about climate change and biomes and a visit to a local garden centre to look at plants and why they prefer particular climates. Our enquiry question is ‘what factors affect a climate of a location?’
As part of the PSHE Jigsaw curriculum, we are focusing on physical and mental health. This is a great follow up to Children’s mental health week which started on the 5th of February. It was great to have a chance to reflect on the importance of mental health and wellbeing and its impact everyday. In mathematics lessons, we are learning about fractions, mass and capacity. Writing this term is mainly centered learning about celebrating African countries with differing climates and tasks linked to our geography topic. Key writing tasks are expanded on within the topic web for this half term.
I would just like to take this opportunity to raise a few matters which are important for year 3,4 and 5:
· I will teach the class every day, except Friday morning, when they will be taught by Mr Pallot.
· PE this half term is on Tuesdays and Fridays, so children must come to school wearing their PE kit in school. Weekly reminder texts are sent to help with this routine.
· Home-learning is an important part of helping children remember their learning and is given once a week on Thursdays in relation to a subject area.
· If possible, we also ask that you listen to your child read for 15-20 minutes 3 times a week. This is crucial for improving their fluency and stamina, as well as giving them the chance to extend the range of authors and genres. We have a well-stocked library and have endeavored to purchase a wide range of modern, popular and high-quality books.
· I do appreciate that we are likely to learn things in different ways to when you were at school; please always feel free to come and ask me about any approaches or methods you are unfamiliar with. I am happy to discuss them with you and advise you on how you might best support your child to ensure they achieve their potential. If you have any queries feel free to catch me at the gate in the morning or after school and I will always be able to see you at an appropriate time. Thank you.
CAT CLASS DOCUMENTS
Cat Class Knowledge Organiser Spring 2 2024
Cat Class Topic Web Spring 2 2024
Cat Class Knowledge Organiser Spring 1 2024
Cat Class Topic Web Spring 1 2024
Cat Class Topic web Autumn 2 2023
Cat Class Knowledge Organiser - Autumn 2 2023
Cat and Penguin Class 2023 Multiplication Tables Check
Cat Class Knowledge Organiser - Autumn 1 2023
Cat Class Autumn 1 2023 Topic Web
Cat Class KS2 Reading Viper Skills
Cat Class Statutory Spellings
Cat Class Times Tables