News & Communication
Please scroll down for newsletters and letters home at the bottom of this page!
Latest news - 19/04/17
*FILL IN A QUESTIONNAIRE AND WIN A £100 PRIZE*
Below is a link to a questionnaire for a study being carried out at the University of Sussex, looking into how children learn. They are keen for as many parents as possible to fill this in and are offering the chance to win a £100 Amazon voucher for taking the time to fill in the questionnaire online. Every completed questionnaire will be entered into a prize draw for a £100 Amazon voucher! It takes 10 minutes.
Get to the questionnaire by clicking on (or copy/pasting) the following link into your internet browser: http://tinyurl.com/sussex-parent-questionnaire
- Please read the letter that schools have been asked to send out by Public Health England regarding Measles in our letters home section at the bottom of this page.
- JSPC Computer Supplies in Lancing have donated 30 computer mice for our ICT suite! We are very grateful to them for their generosity.
- Please read the latest Public Health England information about identifying Measles: MMR guidance.
- Please read our SOS letter home below about the SOS arrangements on Thursday 21st March 2018.
- The FOSPs quiz night is on Friday 16th March! Follow the link below to sign up or use the sign up sheet that was sent home: https://sites.google.com/site/fospscommunityprimary/latest-news-1/stpetersquiznight2018
- There is a council vacancy for a School Crossing Patrol on Church Road - application details can be accessed here.
The Youth Hostel Association is offering a free two-night stay with meals in Youth Hostels in England and Wales to families struggling with financial hardship, disability, long-term illness, bereavement, homelessness or other challenging circumstances. One break per year at a YHA Youth Hostel (a list of participating hostels is on the website) is available to families with up to two adults and children aged 2 - 18 years where the annual household income is below £25,000. For more information get in touch with the YHA Breaks team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling freephone 0800 0191 700.
- Brighton Science Festival runs from the 10th - 18th February 2018 and there are some really interesting and exciting events taking place. Check out this link for information about the "Arctic Adventure" exhibition!
- FOSPs Crazy Hair or Hat Day is coming soon! Get ready... we look forward to seeing your creations on Friday 9th February!
- The "Worth Less" Campaign to fight funding cuts in schools are sending an invoice to the Treasury in support of the reduced funding for our Local Authority. Please read the attached letter and see the flyer below for more information.
- Thank you to all the parents that provided feedback for our Poverty Proofing audit. Your responses were very positive and we will share the outcomes in the report when we receive it.
The Vaccination Team are putting on 2 extra flu vaccination catch up clinics:
Friday 19th January 2018 @ Conway Court Children’s Centre, Clarendon Road, Hove – 2.45pm – 3.45pm
Monday 22nd January 2018 @ Children & Families Clinic, D, Block, Brighton General Hospital, Elm Grove, Brighton, BN2 3EW – 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Please call 01273 696011 x3789 to let them know if you wish to attend as they have limited vaccine.
- Odeon cinema - click here to download a free child's ticket (with an accompanying adult) which is valid until the 19th January 2018.
- Holiday clubs for February half term:
- Girls' Cricket Hub Information:
- Hangleton and Knoll Project Coffee Mornings:
- You can still purchase Mr Tyler's incredibly popular Christmas CD through the school or at the website: https://singingcaretaker.bandcamp.com/releases
Don't forget to check out the Christmas arrangements letter below, detailing all the events we have coming up this month.
- The singing skills of our talented Mr Tyler can now be shared with the community... the "Mr Tyler sings Christmas" CD will be out for purchase on 7th December - pre-order now from the school office! All funds raised will go to St Peter's and we hear rumours of a You Tube video release coming soon so we will keep you updated!
- The FOSPs Christmas Fayre is on 12th December from 3.15 - 5.00pm - come along and join in the fun!
Our most recent letters home are at the top of the list below.
Please click through the pages buttons below to see previous letters.
Spring 2018 Letters Home
|Red i360 brighton seafront 2018.pdf||Download|
|PLPS letter for Y5 AMEX.pdf||Download|
|Measles Public Health parent letter April18.pdf||Download|
|BHCC Course Information First Aid for Babies and Children.pdf||Download|
|Rec Topic Grid Summer 1 2018.pdf||Download|
|Y1 Curriculum letter Summer 2018.pdf||Download|
|Y2 Curriculum letter Summer 2018.pdf||Download|
|Y6 data sharing secondary schools form.pdf||Download|
|KS1 Parent Guide 2018.pdf||Download|
|Year 2 SATS parents meeting info sheet Mar18.pdf||Download|
Autumn 2017 Letters Home
|Children's Parade Letter workshops Feb18.pdf||Download|
|Dance Club Letter18 002.pdf||Download|
|Y5 & 6 Indoor athletics Letter 2017.pdf||Download|
|Christmas Arrangements 2017 PARENTS.pdf||Download|
|Y3 & 5 Christmas Costumes.pdf||Download|
|Brighton Junior Golf Newsletter 29Nov17.pdf||Download|
|CBeebies photo use permission form Y456.pdf||Download|
|CBeebies visit permission cover note Nov17.pdf||Download|
|Brighton Junior Golf Newsletter 15Nov17.pdf||Download|
|Red bus outing Nov 2017.pdf||Download|